Golf first; we are about a month away from the 9th Annual Jamestown NDSGA Open. It will open for registration and lunch on Tuesday, July 26 at 11 with shotgun at noon. Social, supper and prizes after! Please grab some folks for fun and let Nancy know at 701-640-5215. See you there!
Water Topics met and got some updates from various cities and projects. One topic of interest to some producers is irrigation. Executive Director of the Irrigation Association, Dani Quissell, wanted people to know that about 60% of water for irrigation in North Dakota comes from aquifers and the other 40% from surface waters such as ponds, lakes, rivers, etc. She has been going with others to D.C. to lobby for what was promised to irrigators when the Garrison Diversion was created, which was titled “Project Pumping Power.” We learned that this provision intended to give irrigators from that project a reduced rate for pumping water due to greater elevations of some farmland created after the Missouri was dammed. There have been a few reconfigurations of that agreement over the decades and irrigators are trying to make it more favorable for North Dakota irrigators. Director Quissell also stated that they have received $2 million from the NRCS in EQIP funding and greatly appreciate the support from the federal government.
Make sure to yell FORE!
Murphy’s Law Blog 2021 | #58
The program started out with an explanation of the water permitting process from Chris Bader from the Department of Water...