Today, we saw several bills concerning your industry. Bill numbers and a short summary follow if you would care to look them up:
- HB 1356 is about farmland purchased by foreigners (aliens in the bill)
- HB 1369 concerns funding fertilizer plant startups.
- HB 1370 is on sales tax exemption for on-farm grain bin/storage.
- HB 1371 is a description changing some definitions about who or what is considered a farmer or rancher and limits one to 160 acres.
- HB 1020 on Monday NDSU Research and Extension begins the marathon of explaining its functions and budgets.
There have been approximately 600 bills dropped into the system with maybe another 600 to go.
March 20, 2023 BlogMurphy’s Law Blog
Murphy’s Law Blog 2023 | #21
Snow Removal Relief
Got any snow? SB 2183 just passed on the House floor and should be able to become law upon the Governor signing it within a few days. It...
March 17, 2023 BlogMurphy’s Law Blog
Murphy’s Law Blog 2023 | #20
Zoning, Roads and Bridges
A Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you, especially if you don’t need to travel. One of the benefits of being in the Capitol building is that from...